That day we rumbled through suburb
on that Uhaul truck,
we talked of movies celebrities pipedreams
You were so put-together,
so my bigger brother.
What did you try to teach me
when you tore your back to show me
your vibrant manhood,
and essential brotherhood?
That message, whatever it is,
is not lost on me.
I want this day back,
no hologram.
I want me in that shortsleeved
Guitar Hero tee,
And Dave
Shuffling,
Joking,
Helping me lift a couch.
I want the sodas at the end,
rewards after a long day
of exhibiting at its very finest
our brute strength. So cold and fizzly
after a long day of sweat and cumber.
2/13/11
on that Uhaul truck,
we talked of movies celebrities pipedreams
You were so put-together,
so my bigger brother.
What did you try to teach me
when you tore your back to show me
your vibrant manhood,
and essential brotherhood?
That message, whatever it is,
is not lost on me.
I want this day back,
no hologram.
I want me in that shortsleeved
Guitar Hero tee,
And Dave
Shuffling,
Joking,
Helping me lift a couch.
I want the sodas at the end,
rewards after a long day
of exhibiting at its very finest
our brute strength. So cold and fizzly
after a long day of sweat and cumber.
2/13/11
No comments:
Post a Comment